In this blog, we will find out the difference between row and column. Here we have mentioned the real like rows examples and column examples. Check out Row vs Column.
What is Row?
In simple words, a Row is when we arrange our data horizontally in a spreadsheet or a table. Row is a horizontal arrangement of the data, numbers,wordsand objects.
What is Column?
Let us understand now what is column? Simply when we place our data vertically in a table or a spreadsheet. A column is an arrangement of facts, words, figures, etc. We most separate columns from each other by the lines that help in enhancing attractiveness and readability
Key Differences Between Rows and Columns.
- A series of data arrange horizontally manner in a table or spreadsheet is called Row whereas A column is a vertical series of cells in a spreadsheet, table and chart.
- Rows placed from left to right but the Columns are placed from up to down.
- In a table or spreadsheet like Google sheet, LibreOffice or MS Excel WPS, the heading of row is specified by numbers whereas In spreadsheet like LiberOfifce, excel column headings are represented by letters.
- Total number of Row is arranged in right corner of the particular Row but The total numbers of the column are shown at the bottom.
- You can define the Row as an order in which objects are placed alongside or horizontally. Row is also known as an order in which we placed objects horizontally. Based on the category, column is defined as a vertical division of an object.
- The information such as names, gender, in the database are arranged in rows but in A column has information about the object you mentioned in the rows.
- The horizontal arrays in a matrix is known as rows whereas in The vertical arrays in a matrix is known as columns.
- Rows are also defined as the records which consists of fields, in DBMS but When columns have collection of characters, they are known as fields.
- The outermost part of the table is known as the Row but The topmost part of the table which is known as a caption explains the column.
Here we have mentioned the real-life examples of Row:
- So many people are sitting one after another.
- Group of children sitting in a row.
- Planting a row of trees alongside the bank of the river.
- Children are sitting on the last row of the stalls.
Check out the real-life examples of the column:
- Pillar in the back of a constructive building.
- A frontage with the columns
The Tech Learn has listed out all major differences between rows and columns. Hope this blog on Rows vs columns has given you a clear understanding of the difference between rows and columns in ms word.